FIBER OPTIC NETWORK DESIGN
This course will introduce students to optical fibre network design and associated technologies. Emphasis is on optical network design, system power and loss budgeting; and optical fibre and cable types that should be used for specific types of applications. Attendees will be taken through different scenarios to help them learn different aspects of optical fibre network design.
Course Learning Outcomes
After successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define “fibre optic network design”
- Describe different types of optic fibre networks, including FTTx
- Select appropriate optical fibre and cable suitable for the proposed network
- Design an optical network
- Calculate power and loss budget for a link
- Prepare Bill of Quantities
- Plan for installation
- Plan for restoration
- Manage an optical fibre project
- Write the Scope of Works for a project
Mode of delivery
Instructor-led classroom session, 70% practical sessions on various fibre optic equipment and tools.
Must have competency in fibre optic technician training
- The trainng fee per person/individual is KES 122,500.00
- The fee quoted includes VAT.
- The costs caters for provision of an ideal venue to conduct the training (boardroom/class room for theoretical training and practical training) as well as meals and refreshments for trainees for the duration of the training.
- The cost caters for provision of professional training, student manuals a CPD certified certificates from EBK.
- Viscar shall provide a training venue at any location (Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru) at no additional fee.
- The minimum number of delegates for each class is seven (7).