FIBRE OPTIC NETWORK DESIGN- 30 PDUs
This course will introduce students to optical fibre and associated technologies. Emphasis is on the system budgeting and optical fibre types that should be used for specific types of applications. Attendees will learn and be conversant with optical fibre budgeting and types of optical fibre cables that are applicable to specific optical systems.
After successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Define “fibre optic network design”
• Describe different types of optic fibre networks
• Select appropriate optical fibre suitable for the proposed network Design an optical network
• Prepare Bill of Quantities Plan for installation
• Plan for restoration
• Manage an optical fibre project
Practising Engineers, Telecommunication Technicians and Project Managers involved in Fibre Optic Network Design. The trainee should have attended and passed Certified Fibre Optic Technician course and is conversant with cable installation, splicing and testing techniques.
• Fibre Optics Networks and the need for design.
• Cabling design
• Planning the route
• Cable Plant Link Loss Budget Analysis
• Chromatic Dispersion and Polarisation Mode Dispersion Calculation
• Project Documentation
• Planning for Installation
• Developing a test plan
• Planning for Restoration
• Managing a fibre Optic Project
• Case studies- students will do various case studies individually and in groups; and continuously share their answers.
Mode of delivery
Instructor-led classroom session, 70% practical sessions on various fibre optic equipment and tools.
Must have competency in fibre optic technician training
- The training fee per person/individual is KES 122,500.00
- The fee quoted includes VAT.
- The costs cater for the provision of an ideal venue to conduct the training (boardroom/class room for theoretical training and practical training) as well as meals and refreshments for trainees for the duration of the training.
- The cost caters for the provision of professional training, student manuals and CPD certified certificates from EBK.
- Viscar shall provide a training venue at any location (Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru) at no additional fee.
- The minimum number of delegates for each class is seven (7).
Viscar Industrial Capacity Limited, 4th Floor, Block A, Left wing, Bemuda Plaza, Next To Nairobi Baptist Church, Ngong Road, Nairobi
(Kenya) Tel: +254 20 243 7599 | +254 722 667 038 | +254 735 157 462 | +254-773 041 795(Uganda) Tel: +256 785 136 165 | +256 675 488 66 36
(Tanzania) Tel: +255 764 437 410