Our client, a Leading Telecommunications Firm with operations in Africa, seeks to recruit talented, dynamic and result-oriented professionals to fill the above position.
Purpose of the job:
The NOC Network Operations Engineer has the responsibility of monitoring and maintaining the network, servers and any telecommunications equipment in the company data center. When the system malfunctions, the NOC technician troubleshoots the network, makes repairs and gets the system back up as quickly as possible. This can require the technician to work at all hours of the day, depending on when the network disruption occurs.
There are three main roles in the Network Operation Center (NOC), these are: – to ensure maximum possible service availability and performance; to provision customer network services on core equipment and; to provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide 24-hour Network Health surveillance and alarm reporting utilizing network monitoring and surveillance software.
- Review and general clean-up of Ticket queue.
- Ensure timely resolution to trouble tickets.
- Ensure timely follow up with customers via e-mails or phone calls.
- Troubleshooting Network issues
- Toll Fraud monitoring
- Carrier route testing capturing and analyzing customer QoS and RFC events
- Responsible for basic troubleshooting network routers and switches to isolate the trouble and take appropriate action to resolve.
- Detect what repairs and maintenance is needed in the office, provide a report and follow up.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification or above majoring in Telecommunication / IT / Computer Science / Engineering / or other related technical discipline
- 1-2 years’ experience in Network Operations
Skills and Experience:
- Well conversant with Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
- Cisco certifications and VoIP fundamentals a plus
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact with all levels of employees in a professional manner.
- As an essential function of this position, the employee must be able to handle high levels of stress satisfactorily and be congenial with other employees and customers at all times.
- The NOC is a fast-paced environment, critical thinking is essential. Ideas will be extrapolated from one situation to another.
- Strict adherence to company policies, confidentiality, and mature judgment must be demonstrated at all times.
- Assigned duties should be performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- As this individual often represents the internal and external customers and colleagues – professionalism is a must.
- Must handle responsibilities by multi-tasking, working independently and with minimal direction.
- Must deliver objectives both individually and by interaction with others, therefore must demonstrate an understanding of organizational functions and departments. IP/Packet Core Engineers.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to sign up, fill in their profile and apply through our HR portal below not later than 28th September, 2018. To know more about our new HR portal and how to upload your profile click here
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://arutihr.com/ArutiHRM/Login.aspx?ext=7&cc=TpPpCdPTSDo= →