The training will equip delegates with the skills to identify work at height hazards and to work safely at height. It also covers all aspects of recognizing fall hazards, fall hazard elimination and control methods, fall protection regulations, inspection of equipment components and systems before use. Physical demonstrations by trainees on how to inspect, anchor, assemble and use fall protection equipment’s.
Over 3 days, students will learn in a hands-on environment the fundamentals of working at heights. This course is appropriate for workers who have specific work tasks at height with permanently engineered anchors and protection systems. The fall protection training is in accordance with occupational health and safety regulations. The training also highlights ANSI/CSA regulations and recommendations. Using these regulations as guidelines, students are trained in the selection, correct use, and incorrect use of fall protection equipment and systems.
• Introduction to Work at Height
• Work at Height Categories
• Fall Factor
• Harness Suspension Trauma
• Risk Assessment
• Hazards and Height
• Selection of Control Measures
• Selection of Available Fall Protection Equipment
• Inspection and Maintenance Programme for Fall Protection Equipment
• Common Mistakes / Abuse of Fall Protection Equipment
• What Happens in A Fall?
• Rescue Provisions After a Fall
• User Inspection, Care and Maintenance
• The Need for Fall Protection
• Legislation Requirements Related to Work at Height
• Work at Height Definitions and Control Measures
• Safe Use of Access Methods, including Scaffolds and MEWPs
• Ladder Safety (optional)
• Be Aware: Fall Protection Systems are NOT Fool proof!
• Suspension Trauma: Definitions and Treatment
• Emergency Considerations and Rescue
• Pre-use Inspection Procedures, Correct and Incorrect Usage of PPE
• Equipment Care and Storage
• Hands-on Practical Pre-use Inspection
• Harness Fitting
• Touch-check, Self-check, Buddy-check and F.O.S
• System of checking for correct harness fitting
• Suspension Exercise
• Instructor Demonstration of the use of a harness suspension self-recovery device
• Rigging of horizontal and vertical temporary lifelines
• Safe Climbing with Twin Lanyards, Vertical Lifelines and Fall Arrest Blocks
• Working on Inclined Surfaces and near Falling Edges with Horizontal Lifelines
Who should attend?
• The Fall Arrest Technician course Level 2 is aimed at small working teams (such as the telecoms industry, construction workers, the power distribution industry and technical rigging industry) that need to use a combination of fall arrest systems, install their own
temporary systems and perform their own rescues if required.
• Small teams using this course can only operate without supervision if a risk assessment, a fall protection plan and worksite procedure is in place.
• Trade and Maintenance Workers
• Safety Professionals
• The participants must have a valid medical certificate this is conformity of being physically fit to climb a tower.
• Certified Copy of National ID or Passport
• Proof of valid WIBA (Work Injury Benefit) insurance cover for the participants. If you have an insurance policy for your organization it should bear the names of the participants.
• Individual PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for practical. overall, safety boots, full body harness, safety gloves & helmet.
After successful assessment has been completed candidates will be able to:
• Use a range of items of fall arrest equipment
• Tie 4 basic rope knots
• Install and use temporary fall arrest systems
• Inspect and assemble fall arrest equipment and systems
• Interpret and implement the fall protection plan
• Perform basic fall arrest rescues
• Briefly explain suspension trauma
• IWH (Institute for Working at Heights)
• SERVICES Seta for Unit Standard based skills training
We hereby invites you for a Three Day Height Safety Training that will take place on the 28th to the 30th August 2017 at the Viscar Knowledge Room.
The Cost of the Training KES 45,000 exclusive of VAT per person.Kindly book in advance as few slots are remaining.
Click here to SIGN UP