Effective Maintenance Management is paramount to business success and probably the only business process that is fully controllable at site level. This comprehensive 5-day training course has been designed to benefit both qualified new professionals as well as experienced professionals who might need to refresh their skills. It covers the fundamentals of Maintenance Management Best Practice required to ensure that plant and equipment are reliable and cost-effectively maintained.
- Understand maintenance as a key business function
- Understand the objectives and purpose of pro-active failure management
- Learn how reliability influences not only plant output, but also improves health, safety and environmental performance, resource optimisation and cost improvement;
- Identify planning and scheduling best practices and how this contributes to work quality and reliability improvement
- Use suitable performance indicators and management reports to perform regular analysis of maintenance performance, control maintenance resources and costs, and drive continuous improvement.
- Continuous improvement as a permanent process
- Improve consistency and reliability of asset information
- Achieve more productive turnarounds
- Optimize preventive and predictive maintenance strategies
- Learn how to identify and minimise or eliminate waste
- Audit your maintenance operations
Areas of focus include but not limited to:
• Minimizing the loss of productive time because of equipment failure
• Minimizing the repair time and repair cost.
• Minimizing the loss due to production stoppages.
• Efficient use of maintenance personnel and equipment.
• Prolonging the life of capital assets by minimizing the rate of wear and tear.
• Keeping productive assets in good working conditions.
• Maximize efficiency and economy in production through optimum use of facilities.
• Minimize accidents through regular inspection and repair of safety devices.
• Minimize the total maintenance cost i.e. repair costs, preventive maintenance costs and inventory carrying costs.
• Improve the quality of services and to improve productivity.
The training schedule is mainly focused on Equipment Maintenance Planning, Scheduling and Work Control, with important aspects of teamwork infused throughout the course sessions, course content covered include:
• Day 1 Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
• Day 2 Four Phases of Shutdown Management
• Day 3 Maintenance Cycle Maintenance and Reliability
• Day 4 Maintenance Structure
• Day 5 Maintenance Supports Business Strategy &Costs
• Maintenance and Operations professionals
• Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
• Maintenance Planners, Schedulers and Work Preparers
• Key Operations Supervisors
• Maintenance Administrator or key users
• Key Maintenance support assistants
• Other stakeholders in the Maintenance Function
Venue: PrideInn Flamingo, Mombasa.
Dates: 3rd to 7th December 2018.
Duration: 5 Days
Investment: Kshs 100,000 – Inclusive of VAT
We use a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the materials presented. The training course will be lively and interactive and will include tests and exercises, role plays, case studies, practice sessions, group discussions and presentations and Q&A. Participants will receive personal feedback on their performance.
Alex Fares is an experienced professional telecommunications engineer and telecoms Business development expert with experiences in Fixed and Mobile Network operations, market research, Broadband, and Narrowband Technology deployment strategies and operations. Fares commands over 25 years’ experience in the ICT industry has worked in the telecoms and IT sectors in Kenya and internationally for various entities such AT&T, Airtel, Kencell, Celtel, Kenya Telecommunications Investment Group, Huawei Technologies Ltd, Big River Telecoms, Black wealth Enterprises, Viscar Industrial Capacity (Telco Consultancy). Alex Fares is a professional Engineer IEng (UK), MITP, FITCE, BEng (Telcoms) MEng (Telecommunications), and holds Master of Business Administration degree in Marketing from Aberdeen University and currently a Ph_DBA. candidate with UNICAF university.