In recent years project management skills have become more of a general management tool than the sole preserve of the specialist project manager. Everybody now recognises the importance of delivering business results to specification, on time and within budget, and that is exactly what project management skills enable you to do – even if it is not officially called a ‘project’. The ability to successfully manage projects from beginning to end, no matter their size, is a highly desirable skill.
In this course, the project management trainees will apply the generally recognized practices of project management necessary to successfully manage projects.
Upon successful completion of this course, the project management trainees will be able to:
• Describe professional project management
• Initiate a project.
• Plan project work.
• Develop project schedules
• Develop cost estimates, and budgets.
• Plan project quality, staffing, and communications.
• Analyze project risks.
• Plan project procurement.
• Manage project procurement
• Execute project work.
• Monitor and control project work.
• Monitor and control project schedule and costs.
• Monitor and control project quality, staffing, and communications.
• Monitor and control project risks and contracts.
• Close the project.
Who Should Attend
This course has been designed for project management trainees who may or may not have on the job experience performing project management tasks, whether or not project manager is their formal job role, who are not certified project management professionals, and who might or might not have received formal project management training.
Project Management Framework
• Project Management Maturity Model (PMMM)
• Project life cycle
• Project portfolio management
• Project management process groups
• Knowledge areas
• Process model
Project Integration Management
• Defining project success
• Competing demands
• Focus of integrated planning
• Areas of expertise needed by the project team
• Process group interaction in a project
• Initiating projects
• Developing a project charter
• Project selection methods
• Benefit measurement methods
• Project scope statement
• Key project planning deliverables
• Change control
Dates: 4th to 8th June 2018
Duration: 3 days
Cost of Training: Ksh 50,000 exclusive of VAT
Venue: Viscar Knowledge Room, Ngong Rd, Nairobi.