This training targets engineering and IT graduates from Universities and Polytechnics seeking to map their knowledge to skills required by the industry. As a result of this training, graduates are able to be focused on their careers while sharpening their competitive advantage in the job market.
Figure 1: EGDP Class of 2016 after completion of the program
EGDP VALUE PROPOSITION
• The Viscar EGDP programme is one of a kind in the region that bridges the gap between engineering academic qualifications and industry expectations, through hands-on knowledge and skills transfer.
• EGDP provides valuable training and mentorship interaction with seasoned industry experts and consultants ensuring industry entry level competency as well as career growth.
• EGDP is characterized by real time exposure through industrial visits and internships a practice that reinforces the trainees understanding of their profession and industry at large.
• EGDP provides a holistic curriculum that combines both technical expertise and practical life skills ensuring participants graduate with the qualities required for success in the workplace and as entrepreneurs.
• Viscar EGDP graduates have a rich history of successful placement in leading corporates in the region.
• Students picked across all universities hence encouraging diversity and cross learning
• Practical oriented
• Availability of professional practitioners as trainers
• Unlimited consul
• Professional mentorship
• Link up to job opportunities
1. Introduction to Telecommunication Systems Engineering
NOTE: (Eligible graduates are holders of a degree/diploma in Electrical and Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Engineering, Information Technology and other related Engineering disciplines)
i. A general Introduction about Engineering and its role in the society to be made.
ii. Telecommunication to be introduced as a system
iii. Different sections of a Telecommunication system to be introduced with an emphasis on how each relates to theory taught in college
iv. Soft skills to be offered in the areas of presentation skills, communication skills, work ethics and etiquette.
v. Project management skills to be offered through emphasis on use of resources, customer relationship and risk management
vi. Presentations and oral interviews
vii. An internship/attachment placement of up to one month will be granted
2. Introduction to Engineering Plant Management
NOTE: (Eligible graduates are holders of a degree/diploma in Mechanical, Textile, Chemical, Production Engineering and other related fields)
i. Introduction to Project Management
ii. Soft Skills
iii. Sales for Marketing Engineering
iv. Practical approach to control Systems
v. Introduction to Procurement
vii. Occupational Safety and health
viii. Auto Cad & Computer programming
ix. Technical writing & Presentation
x. Lean operations and Kaizen principles
xi. Maintenance practices.
xii. Introduction to Industrial Automation
June: Duration – 3 months (deadline for registration 4th June, 2018)
July: Duration – 3 months (deadline for registration 2nd July, 2018)
Viscar Premises (Bemuda Plaza, Ngong Road next to Nairobi Baptist)
Time: Mon – Fri 1730 to 2030 hours
Viscar will sponsor 50% of the training cost thus the participants will be required to pay only Kshs. 25,000.
For more information about this program, email to; email@example.com or call +254 722 667 038
HOW TO APPLY:
If you wish to register, send your current CV accompanied by Cover Letter indicating which EGDP Course you which to applying for and which intake you wish to enroll to firstname.lastname@example.org