PRACTICAL DISTRIBUTED CONTROL SYSTEMS (DCS) FOR ENGINEERS & TECHNICIANS
This course covers the practical applications of the modern Distributed Control System (DCS). Whilst all control systems are distributed to a certain extent today and there is a definite merging of the concepts of a DCS, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and SCADA and despite the rapid growth in the use of PLC‟s and SCADA systems, some of the advantages of a DCS can still be said to be Integrity and Engineering time. This training examines all these issues and gives suggestions in dealing with them and whilst not being by any means exhaustive provides an excellent starting point for you in working with a DCS.
Participants will gain in-depth understanding of :
- A working knowledge of sensors, instrumentation, and process control as they relate to DCSs.
- A working knowledge of DCS Organization and operation
- Practical knowledge of Networking, HMI, and Alarm features of DCSs
- Practical awareness of the issues and procedures to perform DCS Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Practical awareness Advanced Process Controllers in DCSs
- Practical overview of Latest trends related to DCSs
Methodology of Delivery
Instructor-led classroom session, 70% practical sessions
- The trainng fee per person/individual is KES 122,500.00
- The fee quoted includes VAT.
- The costs caters for provision of an ideal venue to conduct the training (boardroom/class room for theoretical training and practical training) as well as meals and refreshments for trainees for the duration of the training.
- The cost caters for provision of professional training, student manuals a CPD certified certificates from EBK.
- Viscar shall provide a training venue at any location (Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru) at no additional fee.
- The minimum number of delegates for each class is seven (7).