Principles Of Substation Design and Construction
Learn step-by-step the design and construction process of the substation, from initial site review and se-lection, to substation start-up and commissioning. Real-world examples and in-class exercises will further enhance your understanding of this subject and prepare you for on-the-job challenges.
Whether you’re working on a substation design project yourself or with a project manager, this course will give you the tools and skills to successfully complete a design from start to finish.
Participants will gain in-depth understanding of :
- The project scope document and what it should contain
- Foundation, structure, and ground grid design
- Writing equipment specifications
- Substation layout and bus design
- Protective relaying and control basics
- Trip schematics and wiring diagrams
- Site and structure drawings
- Function and ratings of major substation equipment
- Auxiliary equipment and systems
- Substation automation and integration
- Working with the project manager
- Managing environmental and permitting issues
- Dealing effectively with the public
- Safety parameters at a substation
Instructor-led classroom session
- The trainng fee per person/individual is KES 122,500.00
- The fee quoted includes VAT.
- The costs caters for provision of an ideal venue to conduct the training (boardroom/class room for theoretical training and practical training) as well as meals and refreshments for trainees for the duration of the training.
- The cost caters for provision of professional training, student manuals a CPD certified certificates from EBK.
- Viscar shall provide a training venue at any location (Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru) at no additional fee.
The minimum number of delegates for each class is seven (7).