There has been a great shift towards digital transformation in various industries across the world. Initially, industries used to employ thousands of people to perform tasks. However, with technology taking center stage in operations, companies are opting to automate their processes and increase productivity
The question that still lingers is the relationship between productivity and automation.
There is a multitude of reasons why companies should upgrade their business to automated processes:
- Higher Productivity rate – Automation has made it possible for factories and industries to have continuous mass production 24/7. Companies are now able to produce more and maximize their productivity levels.
- Improved Product Quality – With machines operating in the manufacturing processes, human error has been significantly reduced. Automation has made it possible for manufacturers to have consistency in product quality regardless of the number of hours of continuous works.
- Safety Improvement – Through the use of robots, the number of fatalities at work has significantly reduced. Robots can operate in dangerous working conditions for humans increasing the safety of workers.
- Flexibility – If companies were to implement new tasks in traditional production chains, it would involve a lot of time for user training. However, automated, machines, are easily reprogrammable and provides greater flexibility in production.
- Cost reduction – Although the start-up costs in automation are quite high, overall the costs associated with data analysis are significantly reduced. Through automated data analysis, the risk of machine failure and service interruptions has become avoidable.
Many would wonder what the immediate effects upon upgrading to Automated systems would be
- Improved energy efficiency and remote energy auditing.
- Reduction of wastage of materials and resources.
- Safety for food manufacturers as fewer persons come into contact with the product, thus better rating of the product by Regulatory boards, locally and internationally.
- Higher efficiency in operations due to reduction in the number of downtimes due to machine failure
As more companies adopt automation, there is a growing demand for skill development training on the operations, components, Maintainance, and repairs of these systems. Individuals have to keep updating their skill set with the evolving technologies before they are made redundant.
Companies do not have to struggle with the transition process of automation. Viscar industrial capacity offers automation training and consultancy services. With our expertise in automation and experienced consultant team, we are able to advise on the best systems to adapt for maximum productivity
Contact us today to know more about automation and how it can improve your business processes while increasing your productivity.